Tuesday, August 18, 2009

*these are the times...*

"These are the times of fast food and slow digestion
Big men and small characters
Steep profits and shallow relationships,
These are the days of two incomes but more divorce
Fancier houses, but broken homes,
These are the days of quick trips
Disposable diapers
Throwaway morality
One night stands
Overweight bodies
and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill."

was reading thru someone's blog, and the above poem caught my eyes... it made me think about this world tht we call our home.. it made me thnk of myself and my surroundings... and more importantly, it got me thinking of my relationship with God... hmmm.... it is times like these, when i'm so close to the exams, tht i often have lots of self-reflection.. maybe it's because, coincidentally, tht ramadan is juz around the corner... or maybe it's because i feel really inadequate despite all tht i've learned and experienced *which is not much if i may add* oh well, whtever it is, i choose to look at it in a good way --> that maybe HE doesnt want me to forget HIM, and so tht i'll always remember tht HE is always near...
YA ALLAH, I KNOW THT YOU'LL BRING ME THRU IT, SINCE YOU'VE BROUGHT ME TO IT.. PLEASE GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO CONTINUE BELIEVING IN UR GRACE & POWER, AND ALSO TO BELIEVE MORE IN MYSELF...



2 comments:

applegreen said...

YA ALLAH, I KNOW THT YOU'LL BRING ME THRU IT, SINCE YOU'VE BROUGHT ME TO IT.

nicely said. i like :)

asha/chibi/skebe/ecah said...

hehe.. i lyke too!! =D
i thnk aini gave me this a long time ago, when i was actually feeling down, and it made me feel much2 better... even nw, it always manages to bring me out of my slump... *alhamdulillah for ALLAH's love*